Treehouse Foster Carer
Warwickshire County Council are keen to find experienced foster carers for our new Treehouse network. Within this role a central foster carer (named Treehouse carer) supports a number of branch foster carers by providing a range of support to them and a ‘home from home’ to the children they foster. Our Treehouse foster carer will provide practical and emotional support to help the branch foster carers develop and maintain the essential role of caring for children. They will also arrange social outings, training and regular support for their group in Warwickshire. The Treehouse carer will provide planned day-care, overnight stays or emergency support to the branch foster carers.
As a Treehouse foster carer, you will support between 6 and 9 foster carers by offering the children in each foster family short breaks, either in the daytime or overnight "sleepovers". The duration of sleepovers will ideally be between 1 and 3 nights and each branch family will be allocated up to 28 days/nights per year. We are looking to create a 'home from home' for these children and young people and as a Treehouse carer, you will have the amazing opportunity to help create this.
Treehouse carer key responsibilities
The responsibilities for the Treehouse Network foster carers include:
- the primary carer will need to be at home and not working.
- preferably no children living in the home alongside the Treehouse Network carers.
- the foster carers will need adequate accommodation, 2 bedrooms (minimum) for the looked after young person or child to have their own room on sleepovers or share a room (as appropriate).
- to be available for branch carers needing 121 support.
- to organise and diarise the events to support with overnight and day care.
- to plan regular/ monthly support meetings for the branch carers in your network, to plan training events and social events
- to work as part of a multi-agency team including health, education and specialist support services.
- be available 6 days per week.
What will you receive in return?
We recognise the need for you to be at home full time therefore we will pay you £25,000.00 plus other relevant Looked After allowances. You will have the support of a dedicated social Worker for the project. You will also have dedicated support from our inhouse psychologist on a monthly basis. You will have one weekend off every 4 weeks.
You will have access to 24 hour support when the offices are closed via the foster care support line and the Emergency Duty Team.